Our Principal Consultant Michael Kerr recently attended Hannover Messe, representing one of our key clients. This is what he learned.
1. Industrial automation and transformation:
- Digital transformation, encompassing 5G and Artificial Intelligence in industry and robotics, was a main theme for the show this year.
- We learned that many smaller organizations are still in the early stages of their digital transformation journey, internally focused on improving existing processes and efficiency. But as they move into the later stages of development, we are seeing the creation of smart factory’s and production lines that can communicate with each other around the globe, and all the technology and software development that goes in to this.
- Digital technologies are accelerators of innovation. They can improve efficiency, power new products and services, enable new business models, and blur the boundaries between industries. Every successful enterprise will one day be a digital enterprise.
2. Sweden was the partner country for 2019:
- Angela Merkel and the Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfven, visited the show together to meet both Swedish and German companies involved in digital transformation, 5G and AI.
- Ericsson was one key company they visited who had recently committed to doing a lot of their development work for these technologies in Germany.
- This shows how European countries are determined to work together to see to the development of Industry 4.0 allowing them all to benefit from an integrated approach to researching the industrial use of 5G.
3. Hannover Messe is growing every year:
The show was attended by 6,500 exhibiting companies and 215,000 visitors across the week. 40 % of which were international visitors from outside of Germany. The top visitor countries after Germany were China (7,200), the Netherlands (5,900), Italy (3,400) and the USA (3,400). Partner Country Sweden contributed 2,600 visitors. This allowed for us to set our client in front of key decision makers and industry leaders on a global basis.